Sunday, September 8, 2024

light to my heart

i remembered my parent’s face and sister (despite my mom wearing a face mask). the surprised. didnt tell that i’d be there. just thought they’d be gone by the time i arrived so i didnt bother texting them my whereabout. i cruised among the crowd and we both suprised to bump into each other despite the busiest lane where people getting in and out of the restaurants. 

my parent accompany me for lunch. they asked the rest of my troop and i said, i’m by myself today. my dad said ‘sekali sekala merdeka’. i almost stop eating. and smiled at him, agreeing.

we went for a bit shopping and me and dad stopped by a sport shoes stores. 

he said, ‘always invest in a good pair of shoes’. totally agree.

my mom went into her favourite store. we waited outside thinking that it might take a while, which it did. my dad said, hang sebijik macam mama hang.

i understand what he meant, literally and figuratively.

my dad, who knows to bring light to my heavy heart, when i need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment