Thursday, November 24, 2016

Oat

Since my birthday, where i istiqomah and dapat hidayah in my so called diet tu (tangan di dada mata ke atas), i made it through november. My breafkast now varies from english breafkast set, plain omellete and recently, the oat. Before this, i usually soak my oat overnight. It works fine but i had to have a lot of sweet berries to match my tastebud. But recently, i  went through Jamie Oliver Comfort Food Book (after lama tersimpan di rak dapur LOL), and found a classic recipe of oat that he usually had with his nan dan granddad when he was little. I give it a try and i totally love it, even without anything (berries or nuts).

It said, boil the oat with water, then let it simmer for few minutes. Then pour them in the bowl and let them cool for few seconds to a minute. So the oat will be set on the outside but wobbly/soft inside. (you got what i mean?) Then sprinkle brown sugar (sugar will slowly melt and caramelized on top of hot oat oh it is so beautiful) or pour in generous amount of golden syrup. Then right before you dig in,  pour in the cold milk in the corner . Oh My Word. When you dig in, you taste the warm oat with cold milk, and the sweetness of sugar/syrup that had gone through the oat.

And that. is my new level of breakfast. and it did not even took me so much time to prepare. i'll never look at oat ever the same again. you know - the disgust look. (i used to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment