Thursday, May 11, 2017

hiatus

I have so many things to write but there's always something coming up and when I'm in front of the computer,  it just went blank. The last time I write was about some weather. And also to update, our trip to Cornwall was cancelled. What happened was, our rental car got hit by someone while it was parked outside. We had to returned it and were so unfortunate that we could not get a replacement because all cars were out since it was bank holiday. It was 7 a.m, we were literally ready to get our ass out from the house, when my husband went down to check the car and was told that the accident happened as 6 a.m. While, my husband went through all the hassle to settle it down i.e returning the car, the insurance, the police statement, I took my in laws to Portobello Market (luckily it was Saturday) and Holland Park. It was a nice outings but secretly, still our heart ached when we thought about the musibah. That night when I read the Quran, I came across such a beautiful ayat (can't remember the Surah but I quickly forwarded it to my husband).

"Setiap bencana yang menimpa di bumi dan yang menimpa dirimu sendiri, semuanya telah tertulis dalam kitab (Lauh Mahfuz) sebelum Kami mewujudkannya. Sungguh, yang demikian itu mudah bagi Allah"

"Agar kamu tidak bersedih hati terhadap apa yang luput dari kamu, dan tidak pula terlaulu gembira terhadap apa jua yang diberikan-Nya kepadamu. Dan Allah tidak menyukai setiap orang yang sombong dan membangga diri,"

SubhanAllah.

Often I heard (especially from someone's hijrah story), that Allah answered their question when they read Al-Quran. Many times, I read the Quran and trying to flip to random pages to read the translation. I just came across some ayat relating to random events like about Nabi Musa or pemuda al-Kahfi. Or maybe many times across some ayat relating zakat, solat, neraka etc. But its not like, you know, the 'bang!' or 'this-is-it' feeling. Maybe its because when I read it, I don't read it with the right purpose. I read it only because I wanted to read it.

That night, when I read it, I read it because I want to heal my ached heart from that incident so I don't feel sad about everything. And honestly, after that, I feel a bit better about the whole thing.

Thank you Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment