Friday, January 1, 2016

Jan-Oh-Weary

Going into extreme cold weather in a few months ahead. My body is adjusting. Still not used to this kind of weather. We missed the fireworks last night. Don't have the energy to stay up till midnight. 

New year always brings good memories to me. I once went out to town to countdown and watch the fireworks with close friends. Later, we swam into ocean of people, sweats and smelly, drunk and high, trying to find our way out to car park. What a night. I said then, that would be the last time I will be going out on new year eve. 

But I didn't. Few years after, when I worked in United Kingdom, I went out with my friends, through the crowd that were genetically higher and bigger than asian people like me, in and out of train station, and most importantly, through the coldness in London to countdown and watch fireworks at London Eye. Our spot was quite far, but, the fireworks was spectacular. We were in total awe for that 30 minutes or so. 

Never say never. I  might bring kids on new year eve to watch the fireworks. Maybe. Or maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment